Skip to main content

One Week In

Well! After my first week of NaNoWriMo, I have absolutely concluded that next year I'm going to plan out my novel much more than I did this year. This year I started with an opening paragraph in my head, and three vague character ideas.

Being a week in, I wonder how I'm going to make this stretch to 50,000 words, but I suppose that I owe it to myself and my characters to see them to the end. They're just going to have to suffer so, so much on our way there. Also, this will give me plenty of time to develop my villains. So far I only have one, but I might as well add another one or two, just for kicks and giggles. Why not. :)

My current villain goes by the name of William, and he's kind of mean so far. He has gone fishing for a magical creature and was mean to it (that sounds like something from a children's book...), and just recently he kidnapped my main character (oh no! It's ok, she's a werewolf, she can handle it haha). He likes to act all nice and friendly, but he also likes to eat eyeballs. So that's a problem. I still haven't decided why he eats eyes. Why would he do that? I can't imagine that they taste good, but I suppose when you're an evil sorcerer your taste buds change? Maybe. He doesn't even eat human eyes. Hmm. Ok, so, he's only eaten one eye since we've met him in the novel, but I'm sure he'll try and eat one of my main characters' eyes any day now, so I should probably think up some valid reason for him doing that. He's also planning on blowing up all sorts of important stuff, but I have come up with reasonable reasons for that, so I guess it's a start.

GUYS I'M SO BAD AT VILLAINS. I've noticed that even when I'm watching tv shows or movies I have a really hard time (not empathizing) but understanding villain's motivations.  Sometimes when bad things happen to characters and they decide to go all anti-hero, I'm just like "...get over it..." and that's making my villains hard to write.
 I guess they're just passionate people? With lots of feelings? I don't know.

Anyway, back to writing. I'm ahead of goal, but still behind on my daily-average-word-count.

Words: 12,376
Outlook: Pensive



uhhh... totally unrelated, but since it's Wednesday, here's a picture of two baby seals kissing!
BABY SEALS!!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

wait...what happened to winter?

Not that I'm complaining that winter's almost over. If I had things my way (aka if I could control weather) winter would never extend past March 20th. Snowstorm last week, I'm looking at you. Obviously my goal to write more on this blog went really well. I am a devoted blogger. Uhhhh.... truth be told I'm only starting back up because Camp NaNoWriMo is coming close and I once again feel the need to procrastinate by blogging. I've been throwing around a few ideas for Camp NaNo this April... I've been trying to convince myself that it's time to sit down and write a delightful science fiction planetary romance (or a good ol' fashioned space opera), but so far I'm not dedicated to it. That is, I have no ideas for a planetary romance. Plus, ugh, what if it takes place on this world that has life forms? I know I'd get way too caught up banging out the evolutionary details and no one has time for that during Camp NaNoWriMo. (AKA I am making excuses ...

~Live Long and Prosper~

Heyooo so today I watched my favorite movie! But before we get to that, quick update on movies I've watched since my Superman adventure. #10: Superman II   (same genres as Superman) I was drunk when I rewatched this and fell asleep halfway through, but it still counts. #11: Stardust  Genres: Fantasy, Based off Book, Romance Ok, so I do actually love this movie-- and the book!-- and I considered making the fourth genre Fancy Hair, but decided that was ridiculous #12: The Sting  Genres: Bromance, Shenanigans, Happiness I adore The Sting. Introduced to me by my father, this movie is great. First time I watched it, I thought that the SPOILERPERSON actually SPOILERDIED so that was exciting Movie #13 Star Trek!!!!   Genres: Remake, Bromance, Friendship=Magic Soooooooooooo for whatever reason, this is my favorite movie of all time. I find that fact super perplexing; like.... why???? Why is this movie my favorite??? I hadn'...

Ten Days Left

Well, Camp NaNoWriMo is winding down. Ummm.... I wish that I had some informational nonsense to share today, but I don't. It's been wretched hot here all week, and I've learned that there's a big difference between summering in Tucson where it's wretched hot all the time but everywhere has a/c, and summering in coastal Maine, where when it's wretched hot, not nearly enough places have a/c. It finally cooled down last night, and should hopefully stay bearable temperatures for at least next week. Back to writing! The story is going well! I've been prolific this weekend, and I hope that I stay with this story past NaNoWriMo, as there's a lot more of it to write. Si is about to join a secret society (I don't even know hahaha) and Bixby has been captured and is on her way to escaping! Good luck with that, everyone. I realized that I just set up Bixby's story to have a love triangle, but I hate love triangles, and Bixby doesn't have time ...