Skip to main content

NANOWRIMO2013

Yo.
Back again.
So, question. Why do I only update my blog when I'm doing NaNoWriMo activities?

...actually, the answer just came to me.
Because I'm procrastinating. If I can pretend that talking about writing will actually make me write more... then yes, yes I will talk about writing.

So! Anyway!
NaNo 2013

I spent October doing this NaNoWriMo "Warm-Up" where I "wrote" (why is wrote in quotes? I did actually write) 25,000 words. I didn't limit myself to one project/story and that helped make those 25,000 words happen. Around... the 24th?... I remembered that the ONE THING (perhaps the only thing) I learned from NaNo last year was that I should plan my novel before starting it. This started a panicked frenzy (I almost wrote prantic frenckzy? Makes sense) of me trying to come up with a plot and characters and all that good stuff.

I was on the fence for a while about writing the YA Dystopia of my dreams or a Fractured Fairytale.
Then, I remembered that I
1) hate having to dedicate so much thought to creating a believable future
2) write shoddy fractured fairytales
so I decided to write just a regular YA novel instead, about this character that I've been wanting to write about for a while.

Ok, so, I'm not the most well versed in the popular YA fiction/fantasy/dystopians/etc that's being spewed out these days, but from what I've read, authors have this thing about making their protagonists so.... nice. These leading ladies are always worrying about other people and helping people and standing up to The Man and so on and so forth, and they're all beautiful but refuse to believe it when people tell them so, and they all fall in love so deeply and irrevocably with the first hot guy they decide to love.


I wanted to write... not that.

So, Sin Walker. (Her full name is Sinnamon, because I saw the name at work and decided it was an amazing name). She is... a bitch. A popular, rich, gorgeous, selfish, horrible person. Sin has simple desires. She just wants to be Prom Queen. She just wants to rub her high school success in all the other girls' faces.
She has a problem, however. Despite trying to avoid it, she's a witch, and her witchy witch powers are starting to show.

That's the super basics.
Obvs, there will be romance, conflict, and adventure.


I couldn't find the really AWESOME sign for Fort William, that had the two guys back to back, about to duel, but this is good enough. Minnesotans, you know what I'm talking about.

Uhhh what was I talking about.

How much Young Adult cookie-cutter novels infuriate me?
Nooo
Hmmm
You know, I would like to write a book that when (if) adapted to a movie, would have Daniel Day-Lewis portray all the actors. Just because... DDL...


What was I even talking about?!

Oh yeah, procrastinating.

Well, I think I've done a good job of it so far.



here's a cat.






Let's Get Writing!!!


Word Count: 2,888
Feeling: Why couldn't I find an acceptable DDL Gif?! That's not a mood. Or a feeling.  Um, feeling like cats are dumb.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~Live Long and Prosper~

Heyooo so today I watched my favorite movie! But before we get to that, quick update on movies I've watched since my Superman adventure. #10: Superman II   (same genres as Superman) I was drunk when I rewatched this and fell asleep halfway through, but it still counts. #11: Stardust  Genres: Fantasy, Based off Book, Romance Ok, so I do actually love this movie-- and the book!-- and I considered making the fourth genre Fancy Hair, but decided that was ridiculous #12: The Sting  Genres: Bromance, Shenanigans, Happiness I adore The Sting. Introduced to me by my father, this movie is great. First time I watched it, I thought that the SPOILERPERSON actually SPOILERDIED so that was exciting Movie #13 Star Trek!!!!   Genres: Remake, Bromance, Friendship=Magic Soooooooooooo for whatever reason, this is my favorite movie of all time. I find that fact super perplexing; like.... why???? Why is this movie my favorite??? I hadn'...

wait...what happened to winter?

Not that I'm complaining that winter's almost over. If I had things my way (aka if I could control weather) winter would never extend past March 20th. Snowstorm last week, I'm looking at you. Obviously my goal to write more on this blog went really well. I am a devoted blogger. Uhhhh.... truth be told I'm only starting back up because Camp NaNoWriMo is coming close and I once again feel the need to procrastinate by blogging. I've been throwing around a few ideas for Camp NaNo this April... I've been trying to convince myself that it's time to sit down and write a delightful science fiction planetary romance (or a good ol' fashioned space opera), but so far I'm not dedicated to it. That is, I have no ideas for a planetary romance. Plus, ugh, what if it takes place on this world that has life forms? I know I'd get way too caught up banging out the evolutionary details and no one has time for that during Camp NaNoWriMo. (AKA I am making excuses ...

#20!

Oh yes, I ended with She's the Man . A great movie. #19 was Serenity , a lovely movie that continues Firefly . #20 is Sense and Sensibility! Genres:  Based off Book, Feelings, Romance So, yes, I love Jane Austen. I'm feeling way too lazy to find some awesome internet gifs, so that'll be skipped this time around. Best parts about this movie? Fanny Dashwood. Amazingly awful. She doesn't like the smell of books. who doesn't like the smell of books Hugh Grant? Bumbling at his best. Margaret Dashwood... in love with an atlas. Alan Rickman....being Alan Rickman. A fine film! Which reminds me: ARE YOU IN A JANE AUSTEN NOVEL?? you'd better find out.