Skip to main content

Dear Diary...

...or in this case, blog.

Hey, so, guess what? I am terrible at blogging!

Guess what Part 2? NaNoWriMo is about to start! Coincidence that I'm suddenly updating my blog???? I think not.

Yeah! So, October's been real. Real awesome~ I really don't want November to start. November 2nd is supposed to be the first snow of the season, and I'm still fully embracing fall. Snow, I'm not ready for you. Go away. 
Anyway, October. Lots of apple eating and picking, lovely fall colors, beautiful weather, good times....

Apparently that's all I have to say about October. That and PLEASE DON'T EVER END.

Now that I've been living in Maine for a year and ten months, I'm a lot less homesick than I used to be. I no longer get outraged when people blatantly disregard right-of-way when making left hand turns (that's not true, I still get outraged, I've just come to expect it). I can say "bee-arh" and "lob-stah" like the best of them. I've started calling it home, instead of meaning Minnesota every time I say "home"!
I do like it here. Living in a small New England town has been... an experience. Probably would've never moved out here if not for the job, and I don't think I regret the move. I've met many wonderful people and made some awesome friends, but I'm in the middle of nowhere, can't feed myself like an adult, and have to spend copious amounts of money to see any and all members of my family.

So, we'll see what the next year brings, I suppose!

In other news, I found an adorbs Spiderman costume for Frank at Goodwill today, and the wretched cat won't let me put it on him. What is even the point of this cat if I can't dress him up in dumb costumes.

Frank is still doing the usual cat things. Nothing new to report there. He's gotten fat? We've both gotten fat; we will be dieting together and neither of us plan to enjoy it.


Hmmm... oh yes. NaNoWriMo.

For real writing a science fiction story this time! I promise. I pinky swear. Cross my heart and hope to die promise.

It'll mainly be a retelling of the Grimms classic "The Six Swans", the one where a king's six sons get transformed into swans and his daughter puts it upon herself to break their curse.

Of course, since it's science fiction, they'll be robots instead of swans, and it'll take place in ~space~. Haha, well, Mars. And a Martian space station, but ~space~ ~the future~ ~etc~

The main character is not the princess, but actually a girl who gets roped rather unwittingly into the whole ordeal, and she's got an interesting backstory which I will maybe talk about later, because right now it's my bedtime, and since I'm an adult, I go to bed at 9. Deal with it.




Have a lovely evening! I'm sure I'll be back on to babble soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~Live Long and Prosper~

Heyooo so today I watched my favorite movie! But before we get to that, quick update on movies I've watched since my Superman adventure. #10: Superman II   (same genres as Superman) I was drunk when I rewatched this and fell asleep halfway through, but it still counts. #11: Stardust  Genres: Fantasy, Based off Book, Romance Ok, so I do actually love this movie-- and the book!-- and I considered making the fourth genre Fancy Hair, but decided that was ridiculous #12: The Sting  Genres: Bromance, Shenanigans, Happiness I adore The Sting. Introduced to me by my father, this movie is great. First time I watched it, I thought that the SPOILERPERSON actually SPOILERDIED so that was exciting Movie #13 Star Trek!!!!   Genres: Remake, Bromance, Friendship=Magic Soooooooooooo for whatever reason, this is my favorite movie of all time. I find that fact super perplexing; like.... why???? Why is this movie my favorite??? I hadn'...

wait...what happened to winter?

Not that I'm complaining that winter's almost over. If I had things my way (aka if I could control weather) winter would never extend past March 20th. Snowstorm last week, I'm looking at you. Obviously my goal to write more on this blog went really well. I am a devoted blogger. Uhhhh.... truth be told I'm only starting back up because Camp NaNoWriMo is coming close and I once again feel the need to procrastinate by blogging. I've been throwing around a few ideas for Camp NaNo this April... I've been trying to convince myself that it's time to sit down and write a delightful science fiction planetary romance (or a good ol' fashioned space opera), but so far I'm not dedicated to it. That is, I have no ideas for a planetary romance. Plus, ugh, what if it takes place on this world that has life forms? I know I'd get way too caught up banging out the evolutionary details and no one has time for that during Camp NaNoWriMo. (AKA I am making excuses ...

WINNAAAA

Well, despite all my worries, I've managed to glop my novel together into something essentially cohesive and at 50,015 words, it is gloriously and happily finished! Now I have all kinds of ideas for putting it as the middle book in a trilogy... but I need to take some deep breaths and sit back and plan for a while before I dive back into a new project. As The Wish and the Wolf (as I decided to randomly name it) proved, falling into a novel with no idea of where I'm going isn't exactly a good idea. So, I gained some experience, and now have the longest novel I've ever written under my writing belt. (Although Andrian Adventures is so close and growing!) Andrian Adventures, of course, does not count as a new project, since it's basically been ongoing for the past three years :) While NaNoWriMoing (while avoiding writing) I thought up some fun ideas for AA, and those will have to find their ways into the story. Good news! The cover is almost complete, and soon An...