Skip to main content

Hello...

Um, hi.

Long time no see!

I was dicking around on the NaNoWriMo website today and realized that I have a link to my blog on it, and I was all, "oh yeah that's right, I have a blog!" *insert derp noises*
Ok.
My life.

November:
  • It DID major snowstorm on the 2nd of November, which was a slap in the face after the beautiful fall we'd been having
  • I did write a science fiction story for NaNoWriMo and it was based off the fairytale that I was going to base it off of, and it turned into a hot hot hot HOT mess because oh yes that's right, I'm terrible at NaNoWriMo. But the main character was named Bix, and there was a computer who was in the body of a human, and an evil mastermind who just kidnapped people for no reason, and at the end a very possible alien invasion! idk. It's on my list of stories to go back and revise, because I do think it has potential, but I sort of lost my control over the story about halfway through the month
  • Thanksgiving was fun, saw my family!
  • Got a new laptop! Woooo
December
  •  Surprisingly mild! After that early November snowstorm December was like, "whatevs I'm just going to chill"
  • I went back to Minnesota after Christmas and saw my family and friends, which was super awesome! It made me miss home :(
  • I think that's about all that happened, honestly
January
  • WHAT THE EFF, JANUARY YOU SUCKED WHY DID YOU SNOW SO MUCH
  • (And on my birthday I turned 26) 
 February
  • SO. MUCH. SNOW.
  • I set up this sweeeet deal with my landlady where I get reduced rent at this adorable sea-side cottage until June 1st, so the day after my burfday I moved (in town)
  • My sister had a baby shower! Surprisingly, it's the first baby shower I've been too. I guess unlike everyone else's friends, my friends aren't having babies? So that's cool
  • The best thing about February was when it ended
And now it's mid-March! Hello!
Also, it is currently snowing
So no, winter is not over.

Ummmm yup. My sister's baby is due any day (LITERALLY ANY DAY) and I plan to hike it down to Boston to be there for the birth/watch their dogs, which will be a nice break from Maine. Also, yay a nephew!

I've spent today fracturing fairytales and trying to decide if my character named Quinn should be a boy or a girl. Is it strange if I write them as a boy in one story, but as a girl in a different story? Nah. Quinn is a magician-in-training and gets into all sorts of shenanigans? Or something.
I've also spent today listening to an endless combination of Kelly Clarkson, Cloud Cult, and Taylor Swift. Sorry, upstairs neighbor! lololol rofl etc

Yup, that's about all I have. Sorry for being away for so long, blog-reader(s).
....why did I just assume that I only have one blog reader right then? Who knows!


I leave you with this:

Cheers, and Happy St Patrick's Day! (please drink responsibly)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superman

This episode has been brought to you by a bottle of Riesling So, movie #8 was Sydney White No need to worry, I brought it Genres: Some Geekery, Amanda Bynes, Fairytale Highlights: Amanda Bynes not crazy all the sneaky geekery references awkwardly based off Snow White Lowlights: They could've made her SUCH a geek her hair. the whole movie. There is something off about it. I mean, this movie is ok. Also, why is Amanda Bynes a genre? Mysterious. I sort of zoned out while watching this and read webcomics instead. Still, it's cute. anyway, onto tonight's main attraction (attractive man whaaaaat) SUPERMAN   Genres: Superhero, Action, Fangirl ...does the Fangirl genre count if I'm the only fangirl? yes. So, this is the story of Kal-El, who was sent to earth as a wee babe because his native home of Krypton was about to BLOW THE HECK UP. He is adopted by a possible Minnesotan (Jonathan Kent, I'm l

Magic Carpet

As it turns out, in Andria, three witches control the magical shenanigans that always seem to be happening. Is it super weird to have them travel by magic carpet? Brooms just seem ridiculously inconvenient, not to mention uncomfortable, and really not practical for traveling long distances. I mean, not like a magic carpet's super practical either.

Three Witches

Let's be real; I'm not good at blogging. Still, I decided to put up an update for the world to enjoy! The cover for Andrian Adventures is in the works, and I've now finished one whole chapter of Part Two, which probably gets me a huge celebration, and maybe a trip to Lion's Tap. This means that I now have one chapter and two half chapters completed, which is exciting stuff, you know, considering that I've been "working" on Part Two since... June. Also, I was at the library today (when am I not at the library?) and re-discovered all of my teenage-hood author crushes. Notably Patricia C. Wrede, who I'm still willing to fan stalk around the Twin Cities until we can become best friends. Disclaimer-- I've never creepily stalked her... well, only online, which doesn't count. Right? Right. It's fun getting back into YA fantasy... I think during college and after I graduated I decided that I wanted to read Big Kid Books so I've mostly been