Skip to main content

This is Not a Drill

FRIENDS I DID IT.
I MADE A BOOK.


Hold onto your pants folks, for coming in mid-April is As the King, a Young Adult Fantasy novel full of sword-fights, wicked uncles, and mistaken identities! 
(it has none of those things, don't listen to me)


~~~



(artwork by the amazing Marion!)


This is Elisan, our intrepid heroine. She is unfashionably freckled but please don't hold it against her. 

She was shipped off by her family to live with a foreign aunt and uncle at a young age with no explanation why. While traumatizing at the time, she's now decided was for the best, as she is quite content with her life. Elisan enjoys climbing trees, drinking tea, boxing, and dancing. She is not an accomplished artist, thinks she's a better actor than she really is, and will fight you if you insult one of her friends.

She can currently be found boarding a train back to Verica, having just received a mysterious letter which claims she's the heir to the throne of the kingdom she was sent away from fourteen years ago.


Little does she know the trouble that lays ahead (mwahahaha)



Stay tuned for more details!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superman

This episode has been brought to you by a bottle of Riesling So, movie #8 was Sydney White No need to worry, I brought it Genres: Some Geekery, Amanda Bynes, Fairytale Highlights: Amanda Bynes not crazy all the sneaky geekery references awkwardly based off Snow White Lowlights: They could've made her SUCH a geek her hair. the whole movie. There is something off about it. I mean, this movie is ok. Also, why is Amanda Bynes a genre? Mysterious. I sort of zoned out while watching this and read webcomics instead. Still, it's cute. anyway, onto tonight's main attraction (attractive man whaaaaat) SUPERMAN   Genres: Superhero, Action, Fangirl ...does the Fangirl genre count if I'm the only fangirl? yes. So, this is the story of Kal-El, who was sent to earth as a wee babe because his native home of Krypton was about to BLOW THE HECK UP. He is adopted by a possible Minnesotan (Jonathan Kent, I'm l

Magic Carpet

As it turns out, in Andria, three witches control the magical shenanigans that always seem to be happening. Is it super weird to have them travel by magic carpet? Brooms just seem ridiculously inconvenient, not to mention uncomfortable, and really not practical for traveling long distances. I mean, not like a magic carpet's super practical either.

Three Witches

Let's be real; I'm not good at blogging. Still, I decided to put up an update for the world to enjoy! The cover for Andrian Adventures is in the works, and I've now finished one whole chapter of Part Two, which probably gets me a huge celebration, and maybe a trip to Lion's Tap. This means that I now have one chapter and two half chapters completed, which is exciting stuff, you know, considering that I've been "working" on Part Two since... June. Also, I was at the library today (when am I not at the library?) and re-discovered all of my teenage-hood author crushes. Notably Patricia C. Wrede, who I'm still willing to fan stalk around the Twin Cities until we can become best friends. Disclaimer-- I've never creepily stalked her... well, only online, which doesn't count. Right? Right. It's fun getting back into YA fantasy... I think during college and after I graduated I decided that I wanted to read Big Kid Books so I've mostly been