Skip to main content

Day Six

... Yes. It is Day 6. For a second, I thought that maybe it was actually Day 7 and I was an idiot, but no, we're good. Might still be an idiot, though.

Well, Camp NaNoWriMo is going, if nothing else! I was amazingly (but unsurprisingly) unproductive on the 4th, wrote about 900 words yesterday, and am still getting up to my word-count-goal for today.

Happy Caturday. Here's a cat.




The Fool and the Rock


In other news, I took a hike today at a state park and then drove to Bangor and learned some things!

1) Mainers really like cairns.
 2) Maine is freaking beautiful???
3) Maine is basically the exact same as the northwoods of Minnesota and Wisconsin except with the ocean, mini-mountains, an obsession with lobster and even weirder accents.
4)  Ever since working retail for a year and a half, I've become increasingly more awkward when I talk to sales associates at stores. Not sure why. Hahahaha
5) Yup, that's about it.

Anyway, while I was sitting on the beach of the state park, there was this elderly couple who were walking in front of me, and then sitting not to far away from me, and they were basically the best old couple I'd ever eavesdropped on.
They started off my comparing all the cairns along the beach to fairy houses, which was adorable. Some of them really looked like fairy houses, but I'd never thought of them that way :)
While I was sitting on a rock, working on my sunburn, they continued to discuss the cairns they saw.

Woman: Wow, whoever made this was really ambitiousless.
Man: What? No! Can't you see, they're minimalists, not ambitiousless! Look at this cairn. They made it exactly the way they wanted it too; in their eyes, it is perfection.
Woman:...no, I think they were just lazy.

A little later, they moved on to discussing the hiking trail. Having just been on it, I knew what they were talking about.
Woman: That doesn't look like a trail.
Man: Huh?
Woman: Is that the path we saw on the chart?
Man:... I have no idea what you're talking about.
Woman: What? What are you talking about?
-silence-
Man: There is a trail.
Woman: Yes, but that's not the trail, what you're on can't be the trail on the chart, can it?
Man: What chart?
Woman: Oh, you know, the one we saw.
Man: You mean the map?
-pause-

Anyway. They were cute.

I should stop procrastinating and keep on writing :)

since it's apparently Caturday now, here are a few more cats.

I must go




 On a turtle, nbd.


Word Count: 7,537
Feelin': Like spending two more hours looking at cat gifs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

wait...what happened to winter?

Not that I'm complaining that winter's almost over. If I had things my way (aka if I could control weather) winter would never extend past March 20th. Snowstorm last week, I'm looking at you. Obviously my goal to write more on this blog went really well. I am a devoted blogger. Uhhhh.... truth be told I'm only starting back up because Camp NaNoWriMo is coming close and I once again feel the need to procrastinate by blogging. I've been throwing around a few ideas for Camp NaNo this April... I've been trying to convince myself that it's time to sit down and write a delightful science fiction planetary romance (or a good ol' fashioned space opera), but so far I'm not dedicated to it. That is, I have no ideas for a planetary romance. Plus, ugh, what if it takes place on this world that has life forms? I know I'd get way too caught up banging out the evolutionary details and no one has time for that during Camp NaNoWriMo. (AKA I am making excuses ...

~Live Long and Prosper~

Heyooo so today I watched my favorite movie! But before we get to that, quick update on movies I've watched since my Superman adventure. #10: Superman II   (same genres as Superman) I was drunk when I rewatched this and fell asleep halfway through, but it still counts. #11: Stardust  Genres: Fantasy, Based off Book, Romance Ok, so I do actually love this movie-- and the book!-- and I considered making the fourth genre Fancy Hair, but decided that was ridiculous #12: The Sting  Genres: Bromance, Shenanigans, Happiness I adore The Sting. Introduced to me by my father, this movie is great. First time I watched it, I thought that the SPOILERPERSON actually SPOILERDIED so that was exciting Movie #13 Star Trek!!!!   Genres: Remake, Bromance, Friendship=Magic Soooooooooooo for whatever reason, this is my favorite movie of all time. I find that fact super perplexing; like.... why???? Why is this movie my favorite??? I hadn'...

Ten Days Left

Well, Camp NaNoWriMo is winding down. Ummm.... I wish that I had some informational nonsense to share today, but I don't. It's been wretched hot here all week, and I've learned that there's a big difference between summering in Tucson where it's wretched hot all the time but everywhere has a/c, and summering in coastal Maine, where when it's wretched hot, not nearly enough places have a/c. It finally cooled down last night, and should hopefully stay bearable temperatures for at least next week. Back to writing! The story is going well! I've been prolific this weekend, and I hope that I stay with this story past NaNoWriMo, as there's a lot more of it to write. Si is about to join a secret society (I don't even know hahaha) and Bixby has been captured and is on her way to escaping! Good luck with that, everyone. I realized that I just set up Bixby's story to have a love triangle, but I hate love triangles, and Bixby doesn't have time ...