Skip to main content

Three Days In...

Day 3!

So far, the novel is going surprisingly... well...

This is probably because I started writing it on Sunday (shhh don't tell) and ended up about 3,000 words ahead of schedule. As a result, I'm not pulling words out of my teeth (not an actual expression), although I am trying to write the prescribed number of words one should write a day if one wishes to finish NaNoWriMo on time. So far, so good!

Hit a bit of a block today-- my original plan was to have three main characters, each chapter devoted to a different POV (it's fine, ok?! It's fine for a 30,000 word novella, ok?!) but I am feeling uninspired to write the third character. I'm blaming it on the fact that unlike the two other characters, the people she loves don't die horrific deaths. She's kind of a grouch, this character, and I was planning on most of her story being her complaining about life, which, as it turns out, is really boring to write.

I'll try writing about her. Maybe she'll get a bit of a personality-change :) I like the idea of her story acting as a counter to the character Si's story-- they're in opposite roles in this society, and they know each other, which I thought could make it sort of interesting.

Ooooorrr maybe it'll just make it super boring.



Whatever.


It's been fun writing about my two other main characters, Bixby and Si so far. Bixby's a little crazy and she has dogs and OMGIFREAKINGLOVEDOGSTHEMOSTEVER.

So there's that.
Well! Day three, and feeling good!


Word Count: 5,948
Feelin': Good!?
You go girl.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

wait...what happened to winter?

Not that I'm complaining that winter's almost over. If I had things my way (aka if I could control weather) winter would never extend past March 20th. Snowstorm last week, I'm looking at you. Obviously my goal to write more on this blog went really well. I am a devoted blogger. Uhhhh.... truth be told I'm only starting back up because Camp NaNoWriMo is coming close and I once again feel the need to procrastinate by blogging. I've been throwing around a few ideas for Camp NaNo this April... I've been trying to convince myself that it's time to sit down and write a delightful science fiction planetary romance (or a good ol' fashioned space opera), but so far I'm not dedicated to it. That is, I have no ideas for a planetary romance. Plus, ugh, what if it takes place on this world that has life forms? I know I'd get way too caught up banging out the evolutionary details and no one has time for that during Camp NaNoWriMo. (AKA I am making excuses ...

~Live Long and Prosper~

Heyooo so today I watched my favorite movie! But before we get to that, quick update on movies I've watched since my Superman adventure. #10: Superman II   (same genres as Superman) I was drunk when I rewatched this and fell asleep halfway through, but it still counts. #11: Stardust  Genres: Fantasy, Based off Book, Romance Ok, so I do actually love this movie-- and the book!-- and I considered making the fourth genre Fancy Hair, but decided that was ridiculous #12: The Sting  Genres: Bromance, Shenanigans, Happiness I adore The Sting. Introduced to me by my father, this movie is great. First time I watched it, I thought that the SPOILERPERSON actually SPOILERDIED so that was exciting Movie #13 Star Trek!!!!   Genres: Remake, Bromance, Friendship=Magic Soooooooooooo for whatever reason, this is my favorite movie of all time. I find that fact super perplexing; like.... why???? Why is this movie my favorite??? I hadn'...

Ten Days Left

Well, Camp NaNoWriMo is winding down. Ummm.... I wish that I had some informational nonsense to share today, but I don't. It's been wretched hot here all week, and I've learned that there's a big difference between summering in Tucson where it's wretched hot all the time but everywhere has a/c, and summering in coastal Maine, where when it's wretched hot, not nearly enough places have a/c. It finally cooled down last night, and should hopefully stay bearable temperatures for at least next week. Back to writing! The story is going well! I've been prolific this weekend, and I hope that I stay with this story past NaNoWriMo, as there's a lot more of it to write. Si is about to join a secret society (I don't even know hahaha) and Bixby has been captured and is on her way to escaping! Good luck with that, everyone. I realized that I just set up Bixby's story to have a love triangle, but I hate love triangles, and Bixby doesn't have time ...